Thursday, June 19, 2014

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco


Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco has said that his Catholic faith requires him to “proclaim … the whole truth” in support of traditional marriage.

Why?

I must admit I fail to understand the issues. Homophobia is always wrong no matter if you say you are not really homophobic but pro-marriage. What is marriage but two people expressing their love for each other and being publicly recognized as being a loving couple? The arguments I have heard in support of only one man and one woman does not ring true. Many heterosexual couples either by necessity or by choice decides to adopt rather than get pregnant. Other couples chose not to have any children. This is no different than a loving homosexual couple. Others argue that by definition homosexuality is Sodomy and sanctifying it by a public recognized union make light of the holy bonds of marriage. Yet most heterosexual couples engage in oral sex, what is the difference? The answer to me is simple if your don’t like “same sex: marriage do not marry someone of the same sex. In no way does a gay or lesbian couple harms my wife, my daughter or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment